Study as an exchange student at the University of Science and Technology Beijing
UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY BEIJING (USTB)
Programme: Inter-university cooperation agreement
Study period: 1-2 semesters (academic year: Sept - June)
Target group: students from all study levels and faculties
Language of instruction: mainly Chinese ;
- Materials Science and Engineering (International);
Master's programmes in English:
- Environmental Science and Engineering;
- Management and Economics;
- Information and Communication Engineering;
- Higher Education.
It is also possible to take Chinese language programme.
- English proficiency: at least level B2 on CEF scale;
- Proficiency in Chinese language is not necessarily required (if student takes courses taught in English).
Master's programmes taught in English: available also for Bachelor's level students (if student has completed required prerequisite courses).
Chinese language programme: courses for beginners, intermediate and upper level; applicants should have at least basic knowledge in Chinese.
Scholarship: free tuition at host institution. Possibility to apply for Chinese government scholarship that covers part of the living expenses in China. More information will be sent by host university to admitted students.
Applying to the host university: usually once a year, deadline in March-April (applications for the next academic year). If not all student places are filled, an additional competition may be announced in September (for the spring semester of the current academic year).
The students selected by the UT grant committee to USTB will also have to fill in USTB application form and submit required application documents.
Competition to USTB for the academic year 2020/21
Application documents (in English):
- UT application for study abroad;
- Statement of purpose (letter of motivation);
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor or professor at UT;
- Transcript of records (with average grade; in English); Master's and PhD students must also submit a diploma supplement (in English) on the previous level of study (ask for that at the Student Admissions from your coordinator);
- Certificate on command of English (IELTS, TOEFL or the test of UT) and Chinese (if applicable).
Application deadline: March 12, 2020.
Please submit your application documents (hard copies) to the UT Study Abroad Centre (Ülikooli 18-131).