Study as an exchange student at the University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
UNIVERSITY OF SHANGHAI FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (USST)
Programme: Inter-university cooperation agreement
Study period: 1-2 semesters (academic year: end of Aug - mid-July)
Target group: students from all study levels and faculties
Language of instruction: mainly Chinese, some courses are also taught in English (mainly in the Faculty of Economics). It is also possible to study Chinese (from beginners to advanced levels).
- English proficiency: at least level B2 on CEF scale;
- Proficiency in Chinese language is not necessarily required (if student takes courses taught in English).
Scholarship: free tuition at host institution and free accommodation in the dormitory. Possibility to apply for Chinese government scholarship.
Applying to the host university: usually once a year, deadline in March-April (applications for the next academic year). If not all student places are filled, an additional competition may be announced in September (for the spring semester of the current academic year).
More information: USST
Competition to USST for the academic year 2020/21
Application documents (in English):
- UT application for study abroad;
- Statement of purpose (letter of motivation);
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor or professor at UT;
- Transcript of records (with average grade; in English); Master's and PhD students must also submit a diploma supplement (in English) on the previous level of study (ask for that at the Student Admissions from your coordinator);
- Certificate on command of English (IELTS, TOEFL or the test of UT), minimum requirement: on CEF scale at least level B2;
- Certificate on command of Chinese (if applicable).
Application deadline: March 12, 2020.
Please submit your application documents (hard copies) to the UT Study Abroad Centre (Ülikooli 18-131).
The students selected by the UT grant committee will also have to complete USST application form and submit the copy of passport (page bearing personal details).