Tips for Applying
Every grant offer includes information about required application documents, about how to submit the documents (in which language; electronically or hard copies; originals or copies etc) and also to whom the documents need to be submitted. Applicants should follow these instructions and requirements very precisely, otherwise the application may be rejected.
Most commonly asked application documents:
- Letter of motivation;
- Letter of recommendation;
- Transcript of records and diploma supplement of the previous level of study;
- Language certificates;
- Different application forms.
To find a suitable foreign university, students should consult with their programme director and/or supervisor. You should also keep in mind that in order to apply, the programme director of your curriculum needs to approve your planned study abroad application (UT study abroad application must be also signed by the programme director).
Before you apply to the foreign university, make sure that you know the regulations for study abroad.
- It is important to keep in mind that studying abroad remains part of your studies here, i.e. studies at the University of Tartu do not stop and your performance at the foreign university affects the completion of your curriculum as well as your academic achievement.
- Students must remain enrolled at the University of Tartu during the full study abroad period - studies at UT cannot end earlier than study abroad period and there must be enough time for transferring the credits to the University of Tartu.
- After completing the studies at foreign university, students must transfer the credits to the University of Tartu.
- More detailed information is available at: Regulations for study abroad.
Whom to contact?
- With questions about the organisation of studies and the completion of the curriculum, you can contact your institute or the Dean's office of your faculty or the student advisor (noustaja [ät] ut.ee);
- with questions about the student exchange programme and application requirements: check the contact information from the scholarship offer;
- more information about whom to contact with different questions: Whom to contact.