Junior Lecturer of Teacher Education
Institute of Education
Duties and responsibilities
- Teaching courses on the first and second level of higher education studies as well as in in-service courses (including lectures, seminars and practicums) in the field of teacher education and educational innovation using contemporary learning approaches and educational technologies, related methodological, administrative and development work.
- Supervising students’ research work.
- Participation in research and development in the field of teacher education.
- Preparing project applications for developing the field and conducting these projects.
- Collaboration with other units of the University of Tartu and with other universities focusing on teacher education in Estonia and abroad.
- Continuous professional development in skills for teaching, supervising, research and development work.
See also job description.
Master's degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must be qualified to teach the subjects of their specialism as well as supervise students.
- In addition, he or she should have the readiness to do research and development work.
- It is recommended that she or he has experiences in teaching teacher education courses and conducting research and development projects related to teacher education.
Required language skills
Excellent command of English and Estonian.
Remuneration based on UT Salary Rules.
See also UT salary rules.
Head of the Centre for Teacher and Higher Education at the Institute of Education, prof Äli Leijen, Ali.Leijen [ät] ut.ee.