Lecturer of Big Data
Institute of Computer Science
Duties and responsibilities
- Lecturing and conducting seminars in the field of Big Data on all levels of higher education.
- Supervising research work of students.
- Participating in the research activities of the Chair of Data Science, Institute of Computer Science.
- Participation in the work of the university’s decision-making bodies is recommended.
- Popularisation of the specialisation.
See also job description.
PhD or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates are expected to have teaching experience in higher education establishments on the Bachelor and/or Masters levels.
- Research experience and publications in the field of Big Data technologies and/or Big Data analytics; or related field are essential.
- A track record of publications in highly reputable venues in the field of Big Data or a related field is desirable.
- Experience in supervising students and conducting e-learning is also highly desirable.
Required language skills
Excellent command of English required. Estonian is an advantage.
From 2500 to 2800 euros (gross) per month, depending on qualifications and work experience. The total annual payroll is 40 000-45 000 euros, which includes employer taxes.
See also UT salary rules.
Prof Jaak Vilo, vilo [ät] ut.ee.
The starting date of the position can be negotiated.
This position is funded by the Estonian government via IT Academy programme of the HITSA foundation.