Professor of Big Data
Institute of Computer Science
Duties and responsibilities
- Teaching and development of courses in the area of Big Data.
- Supervising Master's and PhD students.
- Conducting and leading research in the area of big data analytics technologies (funded via the Mobilitas+ Top Researcher grant “Holistic Big Data Analytics-as-a-Service Framework”).
- Successful application for new research grants, administration of them and performing the research required under the grants.
- Ensuring the availability of future academic staff in the field.
- Participation in the work of academic and administrative decision-making bodies.
- Popularisation of the specialisation.
See also job description.
PhD or an equivalent qualification.
- Previous work experience as a professor, associate professor, research professor or senior research fellow or in an equivalent positions in foreign countries.
- Ability to organise teaching and teach at all levels of higher education in the area of specialisation.
- Previous teaching experience at least at the first two levels of higher education, incl. effective supervising of Master's and PhD students.
- Internationally recognised professional research, the volume of which so far is equivalent to at least three doctoral theses.
- Ongoing active engagement in research: internationally recognised research in the last five years at least in the volume equivalent to that of 1.5 doctoral thesis.
- Success in applying for research funding as well as managing and performing R&D contracts in the last five years.
- Participation in working groups or expert councils related to the promotion and implementation of the specialisation at the international level.
Required language skills
Excellent command of English required; Estonian recommended but not required.
Starting from 5000 euros (gross) per month (negotiable), depending on qualifications and work experience. The total annual payroll starts from 80 000 euros, which includes employer taxes.
See also UT salary rules.
Further information provides Prof Jaak Vilo, vilo [ät] ut.ee.
The starting date of the position can be negotiated.
This position is funded by the Mobilitas Pluss Top Researcher grant "Holistic Big Data Analytics-as-a-Service Framework" of the Estonian Research Council.