Research Fellow of Explainable Artificial Intelligence
Institute of Computer Science
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducting research in the field of Distributed Systems, Machine Learning and Explainable AI.
- Preparing and implementing research and development projects.
- Teaching at all levels of higher education and supervising students.
- Popularisation of the specialisation.
See also job description.
PhD or an equivalent qualification.
- Internationally recognised professional research in the area of Distributed Computing Systems or Machine Learning, the volume of which is equivalent to that of at least one doctoral thesis.
- Experience in the supervision of master’s and doctoral students is recommended.
Required language skills
Excellent command of English. Estonian is an advantage.
01.09.2021, temporary contract to 31.08.2023
Competitive salary starting from 2500 euros (gross) per month. The total annual payroll starts from 40 000 euros, which includes employer taxes.
See also UT salary rules.
The starting date of the position can be negotiated.
This postdoc position is for 2 years, with the possibility to extend for up to 1 year.
The position is funded by the H2020 project "Security and Privacy Accountable Technology Innovations, Algorithms, and Machine Learning".
Further information can be provided by Associate Professor Huber Flores, huber.flores [ät] ut.ee.
In order to be considered for the position, the candidate must submit to the UT Human Resources Office (email: personal [ät] ut.ee; employees of the UT should submit their documents via intranet) following documents:
- a letter of application to the Rector,
- a curriculum vitae in the established format,
- a list of research publications (if necessary, enclosing copies or offprints of more important publications),
- a copy of a document (including its annexes) which shows the candidate to hold the required qualification (with authorized translation into Estonian, English or Russian if the credential is not in Estonian, English, Russian, Finnish, Swedish, French, Italian, Ukrainian and Belarussian languages). A candidate can be required to submit the original or a certified copy of the document (including its annexes) showing the candidate to hold the required qualification. If the candidate has acquired the higher education in question abroad, he or she may be required to submit an assessment issued by the Academic Recognition Information Centre (the Estonian ENIC/NARIC) of his or her qualification in respect of the qualification requirements for the position;
- other materials considered relevant by the candidate (a list of such materials must be included in the application or annexed to it).
Number of copies: 1