Research Fellow of Statistical Genetics
Institute of Genomics
Duties and responsibilities
- Carrying out research activities in the field of statistical genetics at the Institute of Genomics. Analysis and publication of research results.
- Consulting other members of the research group on topics related to statistical genetics.
- Participation in writing funding proposals and applying for funding.
- Participation in teaching activities at the Insitute of Genomics.
- Participation in organising research related events (conferences, etc.) led by the Insitute of Genomics.
- Popularising statistical genetics.
See also job description.
PhD or an equivalent qualification.
- Working knowledge of different methodologies in statistical genetics.
- Professional experience in the field of genetics, informatics and epidemiology.
- Experience collaborating with research groups, both in Estonia and internationally.
- Internationally recognised research in the field of statistical genetics.
- Experience in popularising the field of statistical genetics.
- Teaching experience in the field of statistical genetics and/or biostatistics.
- Experience in organising different scientific events (academic courses, conferences, etc.).
- Successful supervision of undergraduate and Master’s level students.
Required language skills
Remuneration based on UT salary rules.
See also UT salary rules.
Reedik Mägi, Research Professor in Bioinformatics, 737 4045, reedik.magi [ät] ut.ee.