Senior Research Fellow of Genomics and Reproductive Genetics
Institute of Genomics
Duties and responsibilities
- Organising, developing and directing research related to genomics and reproductive genetics at the Institute of Genomics.
- Coordinating research in the field of genomics and reproductive genetics.
- Carrying out research activities in the field of genomics and reproductive genetics on an international level. Analysis and publication of research results.
- Consulting other members of the research group on topics related to genomics and reproductive genetics.
- Supervision of students, PhD students and other academic staff working on projects related to genomics or reproductive genetics.
- Participation in the research-organisational activities of international dimensions, incl. participation in collaboration networks, and working on the editorial panel of research publications or as a reviewer.
- Participation in writing funding proposals and applying for funding.
- Participation in teaching activities at the Insitute of Genomics.
- Social and public activities, incl. popularisation of the specialisation and participation in activities related to the promotion and implementation of the specialisation.
See also job description.
PhD or an equivalent qualification; postdoctoral training.
- Internationally renowned scientist who has published both first and last author papers of genomics and reproductive genetics and has a working knowledge on different reproductive genomic technologies. Experience in genetic epidemiology and statistical analysis.
- Experience in coordinating both national and international collaborations.
- Ability to independently lead projects of the research group.
- Internationally recognised research in the field of genomics and reproductive genetics, the volume of which so far is equivalent to that of at least two doctoral theses. Ongoing active engagement in research: internationally recognised research in the field of genomics and reproductive genetics in the last five years at least in the volume equivalent to that of one doctoral thesis.
- Success in applying for funding during the last five years.
- Participation in the work of the international community in the specialisation, incl. work on the editorial panel of research publications or as a reviewer.
- Experience in the application and popularisation of theoretical knowledge.
- Experience with teaching in the field of genomics, reproductive biology and -genetics.
- Successful supervision of undergraduate and Master’s level students.
Required language skills
Remuneration based on UT salary rules.
See also UT salary rules.
Reedik Mägi, Research Professor in Bioinformatics, 737 4045, reedik.magi [ät] ut.ee.